A friend of mine, running Red Hat linux 6.2 is having a problem with
netconf.  His linux server has three interfaces, one connected to an
external DSL modem, and two more connected to machines inside his home.

The dhcpd.conf is properly set up, and if I start dhcpd from the init
script, then everything works as it should.  dhcpd starts, offering no
addresses on the external interface, and the proper addresses on each of
the internal NICS.  However, if the system reboots, then when it comes
into runlevel 3, dhcpd starts (as it should), and then when linuxconf
runs, linuxconf shuts down the running dhcpd server, and starts dhcpd with
a command line like:
dhcpd eth0 eth1

This prevents dhcpd from answering queries on eth2 after reboot.  Does
anyone know under what circumstances netconf (part of linuxconf) restarts
dhcpd?  Or how it determines what command line arguments are
appropriate?  I don't see this behavior on any other servers running Red
Hat linux and dhcpd.

MSG