did you do:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/named reload

or

/etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart

on your primary server after making changes and updating serial number?

this tells the server to check the config files for updated serial
numbers (reload) or reloads all config files (restart) - after which
your transfer to the secondary should happen pretty quickly (within
minutes) if all is set up right...

--

        Nitro - 3D Visualisation, Graphics & Animation
                Ph (+61 2) 9810 5177 - Fx (+61 2) 9810 0199