"Mikkel L. Ellertson" wrote:

> A couple of things to check - make sure /etc/rc.d/rc.local is executable,
> and check that the symlinks to rc.local are there for the run level you
> are booting into.  (S99local symlinked to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.)  You can
> also try putting the complete path to setserial - it shouldn't be
> necessary, but I usualy do it in batch files, because you can never be
> sure of the path that will be set when the file is run.  (Or set the path
> you want when you write the batch file...)

I am new in Linux so I don't know how to perform that you suggested. The only
thing I could do was to add a path /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 15 within
/etc/rc.d/rc.local. But, it did not help.

Anyway, FYI, before this one problem,I even couldn't reach KPPP or RH PPP
from within Gnome's user's account, until I changed a line

...=false

into

...=true

within a file (I can't remember which file it was. I just tried to find why I
couldn't handle dialing only as a root but not as an user). The change made
it working, but now I don't know what to do. Any idea?

Misko