Hi Shanmuga!

Quoting Shanmuga Raj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have a Linux 6.2 server configured for SMTP and
POP. I am using Sendmail
> for SMTP and Fetchmail for collecting mails from my
ISPs POP3 mail box. At
> my ISP I have a domain name
registered "mydomain.com". All mails coming to
> this domain are forwarded to one common POP3 mail box
at the ISP.  I want
> use fetchmail to collect these mails and redistribute
them to the local
> mail
> boxes in my Linux system.
>
> my POP3 mail box at the ISP is -  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>
> when a mail arrives for a user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> it is automatically forwarded into "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
>
> When the fetchmail logs into the POP3 mailbox at the
ISP, and receives
user "common@localhost" instead of
> "user1@localhost" or "user2@localhost".
>
> Can anyone give me some ideas whether it is possible
to do this kind of
> POP3
> mail distribution with fetchmail/sendmail. If so
how...

well, yes. actually i so this kind of stuff in qmail
and i am sure sendmail can do it too.

you need to create an mc file and sendmail.cf for this
kind of configurations. check out their sendmail faq at
their site.
            www.sendmail.org

HTH.

noelt.