Vidiot wrote:

> After many hours of everything than can go wrong going wrong, I got a
> couple of Linksys LNE100TX cards, one of which will go in right now
> for the DSL connection and the other for the in-house network.
>
> The problem is that the system sees the new card, it won't configure a
> moule for it.  What-the-Hell?  So, what do I tell netcfg to use for the
> driver?  If the web site is right, it is a "tulip" driver?

I've just spent two days trying to figure this out, too,
Apparently the LNE110TX is a new card and requires the new tulip
driver from Donald Becker.  Full directions are at
    http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

Briefly, you do this:

  # Transfer the Scyld PCI Netdriver package
  rpm -i ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdriver-2.0.src.rpm
  # Build the binary version for your kernel
  cd /usr/src/{redhat,TurboLinux}/
  rpm -bb SPECS/netdriver.spec
  # Now install it your newly built package.
  rpm -i --force RPMS/i386/netdriver-2.0-*.i386.rpm

One key fact that is somewhat glossed over in the instructions is that
when loading the tulip driver manually you must first load the
pci-scan module, eg,
        insmod pci-scan
        insmod tulip
but when loading it automatically via the /etc/conf.modules file, that
precedence is handled automatically, so that
        alias eth0 tulip
is sufficient.

With this new tulip driver the Linksys card works perfectly.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hilton Head Is., SC
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]       843-785-3136, -3156 (fax)