Greetings:

I have installed Redhat 6.1 on a Toshiba 440CDX laptop.  Linux works fine,
but getting X running is an issue.

My Toshiba has a Chips & Technologies 65554 PCI graphics adapter which is
getting properly recognized by the installer.  Win98 is able to properly
display 800x600 at 65K colors.

When I run startx, it runs, but the display is terrible and the screen
flashes when I move the mouse.  I have the system set for 640x480 at 8 bit
and 800 x 600 at 8 bit.  I have also tried the same at 16 bit.

I always get a terrible display with flashing.  Any assistance to get this
up and running will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Chris Mulcahy