I installed the kernel source code.  First time I've messed with the
kernel.  First time I've had the computer swear at me:

Turn on "Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers" (the 1st
menu)
and "IP: masquerading special modules support" ("Networking options" menu)
in the kernel config. !!!! RTFM !!!!
make: *** [ip_masq_icq.o] Error 1

It wouldn't tell me where to turn on the above. Reminds me of a Calculus
teacher I had.  After a few guesses based on hints in previous letters to
this thread I got it to compile.

Thanks again to this great list!!!

Glen