Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> Well, I want to do whatever it is that I need to do after I edit the config
> file - yes, reload the config file I guess
>
> At 06:48 PM 8/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> >Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> >
> > > Ok actually the RPm came with both and just needed to remove some comments.
> > >
> > > What's the proper way to restart/reload the sshd without rebooting? (I
> > > can't reboot our server)
> > >
> > >         killall -HUP sshd2
> >
> >on a typical redhat install (is there such a thing?) you can usually run
> >/etc/rc.d/init.d/controllingscript restart
> >
> >The HUP might work too but you would have to read the docs.  Are you just
> >wanting it to reread the config file?
> >
> >Bret

cd into /etc/rc.d/init.d
then ls

look for the script sshd  ( I don't know what it will be for ssh2 but it should be
recognizable.)

run it with restart

replace sshd with whatver the script name is
./sshd restart

there is also a reload most likely you can less the script to check out what it
will actually do.

Hope this helps,

Bret