mm> Thanks,
mm> I added the following to named.boot:
mm> forwarders  10.0.0.2

mm> I then restarted named.
mm> This did not work!

Wrong direction, forwarders is used to download the DNS info of a zone
or zones to the local DNS server from a remote DNS server at your ISP.

mm> Basically, I want requests from outside our network to come to 10.0.0.1 to
mm> be automatically forwarded and answered by 10.0.0.2.

mm> Thanks,
mm> Meghan

mm> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

>> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Meghan Madel wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I currently have one server for our intranet.  This is a mail server, web
>> > server, etc.  I would like to make another computer on our Class A
>> > intranet be the web server.  I know I need to "route" from our
>> > "main" server to this new web servers ip address.  I am not exactly clear
>> > on how to do it and want to make sure I do it right without causing more
>> > problems.  Can you point me in the right direction on how to do
>> > this?  Maybe....add some "And, don't forget to do this!" hints.  Thanks
>> > for your time.
>> >
>> Should be as simple as editing your DNS configuration.
>> There's one section in your DNS config where it asks for
>> the IP address of the web server. Just put in that IP
>> address, restart NAMED and you should be fine. :-)
>> John

mm> Redhat-list mailing list
mm> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mm> https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.clark.net/pub/ray