Hi folks,

I know that we have beat this topic up for a while.  I just want to clarify
an issue.  I've just gotten a new HDD and want to take my RH 6.2
installation and

  tar the partitions onto the new drive (easy)
  delete existing partitions from old drive, (also easy)
  * re-partition old drive
  * replace the files onto the new partitions.

While I am thinking this through, it occurred to me that once I delete the
existing partitions I won't have tar or fdisk available anymore to work
with.  I've created a boot disk (mkbootdisk) and verified that it will boot
the system.  Will cp'ing the files "tar" and "fdisk" to the bootdisk be
enough to do the work, or do I need some libraries as well?  Any other
files that I might be missing?

Thanks,

Mark
               ___
             __HHH__
              (@ @)
| Mark Neidorff                |Never assume a conspiracy exists   |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |when mere stupidity can explain    |
| Just Answers!                |an event.                          |
| Computer Systems Solutions   |                   R. K. Bernstein |