You'd need static versions of those utilities. Libraries are too big for
bootdisks. You can prolly manage to get the source and compile your own
static copies :)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, M. Neidorff wrote:

> Hi folks,
> While I am thinking this through, it occurred to me that once I delete the
> existing partitions I won't have tar or fdisk available anymore to work
> with.  I've created a boot disk (mkbootdisk) and verified that it will boot
> the system.  Will cp'ing the files "tar" and "fdisk" to the bootdisk be
> enough to do the work, or do I need some libraries as well?  Any other
> files that I might be missing?
>
> I just thought of the files to make the ext2 file system also.  Anything else?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mark

* Statux *
* E-Mail:       |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  *
* ICQ:          |   1732414                                             *
* Homepage:     |   http://www.geocities.com/reverendstatux/            *