On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Nitebirdz wrote:

> Same here.  Not that I'm planning to run three separate X sessions, of
> course.  Just wondering, and since I don't have a Linux box handy over
> here right now I thought I might as well ask.    :-)

Just as a side note - you can run gdm with no local X server
running.  This can be handy for a secure private network to let X
terminals run programs on a server.  I am not sure of all the
configuration changes needed to do it for gdm, but I have done it using
xdm on my home network.  It is kind of interesting when you are running
the X server on a 386, and running programs on a K7...

Mikkel