If you look at /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs, you'll see that the script exits if
it can't find the bits or if there's no export file.  So:

1) Have you installed nfs?
2) Do you have filesystems set up for export?

(Because its glance inspired the distance which separates the shortest path)
Mike McNally -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]