"Thomas R. Shannon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Chip Rose. wrote:
>
> > Which window manager is rated as the most stable?
> >
> > I like Blackbox because it's fast and seems a lot more stable than KDE.
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> Blackbox has some very nice graphics.
>
> In addition to the suggestions which have been made (all good so far),
> I can say that once set up, Sawfish has never crashed on me.  That's
> saying quite a bit for such a young program.
>
> I run GNOME with Sawfish but I'm also going to chime in here.  If you
> aren't running GNOME, WindowMaker is the best stand alone WM out
> there.  Absolutely hands down.

Never used black box, but the helix gnome update (which uses sawfish)
seems more stable than KDE, which is more stable than the stock RedHat
6.2 gnome.  Having said that, and the helix gnome is *very* nice, I've
been adicted to the latest Enlightenment code for about a year now.  If
you haven't tried the 0.16.4 (or the latest CVS code) then be sure and
try 0.17 when it's out.  IMHO, it's the coolest one out there in terms
of configurability and sheer good looks.  I guess you have to put up
with the occasional glitch/bug/"feature" when you run the latest CVS
snapshot, but hey, that's what gdb is for ;)

Steve