On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, DoelRoy wrote:
> Hello,
> I had installed win98 and then RH 6.2 on my computer and lilo was working
> fine - gave me the option to boot to windows or linux. But after 2-3 months
> windows crashed and had to be reinstalled.
> Now windows boots as default - lilo doesnt show up anymore. Do i need to
> reinstall Linux also - I know that the linux partition was not affected when
> windows crashed. Or else how do i boot into linux

Did you make a boot disk when you first installed linux? If
not, you'll have to get a generic boot / root disk (like
tom's boot & root, or RedHat's combo boot & rescue from
6.0) and boot to your install, chroot to the hard drive and
re-run lilo.

When you reinstalled Windows, you overwrote the MBR, which
is where LILO resides.
        John