On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Jerry Human wrote:
> It seems to me that Win95B will occasionally write an id to the root
> partition of the drive even though it only has access to the fourth
> partition and that id corrupts the RH boot. How can this be avoided? The
> problem only occurs when booting RH after working in Win95B. Once RH
> boots, the box can be started in RH any number of times without problem.
> No degrading of the RH boot was noticed since the original ATA/66
> problem. This problem just happened, no hardware/software settings were
> changed for Win95B or RH.

How did you partition the hard drive? Did you partition it
with a Dos/Windows based util? If so, then Windows has
probably become aware of it. What is recommended is to
leave the linux space unpartitioned and then when you
install, partition it using the linux fdisk or disk druid.
That way, Windows is unaware that the drive space even
exists.
        John