On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 08:07:17PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
: Kindly advise whether RH 6.2 works in ATA100 Hard disc (UDMA100) and Raid 0
: and 1.  Any advice and/or pointer for its installation would be much
: appreciated.

Sure.  But, if you require really serious redundancy, why are you willing
to trust IDE drives in a software raid configuration?  IDE drives are fine
for non-raid implementations, IMHO, but not for a RAID.  It's all about the
fact that IDE comes with lots of baggage with respect to multiple concurrent
I/O operations.  That is, it doesn't let them happen.  This is why SCSI is
still king for RAIDs.  AMI Megaraid adapters can be had for under $200.
They have good Linux support, and have (in my experience) been rather
reliable (I've got 5 of them in production systems).

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.