Hi all,

I'm almost doen building my linux - oracle database server...

Just one question for the SCSI experts.

The board is a supermicro P6DBS with an onboard adaptec SCSI controller.

I have four seagate ST12550N 50 pin SCSI drives, and the board has a 50
pin interface. I also have a 50 pin SCSI cd-rom and a 50 pin cable that
can handle seven devices.

Here's the plan:

Let's say the cable is numbered from the motherboard connector to the
last device on it as 0 through 7.

I plan to put the cd-rom on 1, the four drives on 2 through 5, leaving 6
and 7 unattached.

Do I need to get a SCSI terminator? If so, do I put it on 6? Or, if the
drive on 5 can be made to terminate, is that what I should do?

Your advice is all welcome.

thanks,

Ahbaid.