/etc/securetty

Do not allow remote root access (aka. don't do this). Use 'su' (or 'su
-') from a user acct instead.. or use ssh (which flaunts some nice
encryption) :)

On Sun, 3 Sep 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Sep 2000, Eric Clover wrote:
> > as far as i know you can not telnet in as root, but ssh will let you do
> > it
> > and on a nother note, it looks like you have the gohip virus
> > you will probably find a file name winstart or something like that in
> > your windows dir
> >
> It can be done, but I don't recall exactly how to do it. It
> involves editing some config files somewhere. If the
> original person still wants to do this, they should check
> the archives of this list as I think it was handled a
> couple weeks back.
>
> OTOH, I agree -- SSH would work MUCH better!
>       John

* Statux *
* E-Mail:       |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  *
* ICQ:          |   1732414                                             *
* Homepage:     |   http://www.geocities.com/reverendstatux/            *