On Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:27:12 -0500, Bret Hughes said:

> Ben Logan wrote:
>
>  > Greetings,
>  >
>  > Awhile ago, I installed a new hard-disk in my computer (which already had win95
>  > on it), and put RH6.2 on the new disk.  I didn't make a bootable linux
>  > partition though (I've been booting off floppy when I want to load linux).
>  >
>  > Windows crashed and has to be reinstalled, so while I'm reformatting anyway,
>  > I'm going to create a (roughly) 3M partition on the win95 disk and would like
>  > to install lilo and make linux bootable off that partition.
>  >
>  > How would I go about doing this?
>
>  Ben I would install windows and then boot off the floppy.
>  edit /etc/lilo.conf to include the new windows image
>
>  other=/dev/hda1
>          label=win98
>
>  and check the linux boot partition stuff
>
>  save it and run lilo -v
>
>  That should do I I believe.
>
>  Bret
I'm still somewhat confused as to where linux is going to get the files it
needs to boot.  Don't I have to copy a boot image or something to hda1 in order
for Linux to boot?  Also, lilo only resides on the floppy disk...how do I put
it on hda?

Here's my /etc/lilo.conf file, maybe it will help:
boot=/dev/hdc7
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt