On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Burke, Thomas G. wrote:

> where (I sure don't remember).  It is _not_ being run by inetd, so
> host.allo/deny doesn't have anything to do with it...  What else is there?

Don't be so sure. I don't know how its enabled ( it was done by the
Bastille script) but sshd one of my boxes IS following hosts.allowed and
hosts.denied BUT no mention of it is in inetd. I would try putting

sshd: ALL

in hosts.allow and try it from there. I'm assuming that you have something
like

ALL : 192.168.1.

in hosts.allow for your LAN. If you have a console, you could try removing
that line and see if sshd is still accepting for your LAN. I had to HUP
inetd to get it to see the changes.

> Hmm...  I'm not sure about my firewall, I'll have to check that...

definitely do. That's usually the way I control connections with ssh.

Linux File Managers: http://www.pobox.com/~burk/linuxfile.html