At 09:57 AM 9/8/00 , John wrote:
>On Fri, 08 Sep 2000, Eric Clover wrote:
> > just do what i did and get a job working for your isp.
> >
> > this way there is noone to blame but yourself :)
> >
>Heh. I know that feeling ALL too well! :-) i'm in the same position,
>although I got the job before they were my ISP. :-)
>         John

You know, that's the crux of it.  When something goes wrong, I can't do
anything about it.  And the people who answer the phones know next to
nothing about bigger issues.  It's frustrating.  But I don't think I'll
seek a job with them, not that frustrating. :)

In this case though, I fear I jumped too quickly to the conclusion that
@Home was to blame.  After I sent the message, I did a test and email was
arriving from work, at least, without any delay at all.  So I guess the
delay was probably due to Red Hat's list server as Greg Wright suggested.