I tried what it said in Red Hat Linux 6.1 Gotchas and Workarounds.

6.19 Problems with Printer not being detected

Problem:

For several kinds of systems, local printers are not found when
printtool is searching for > local printers. You should be presented
with an error saying no local printer was found.

Fix:

Get the the latest modutils RPM from
ftp://rawhide.redhat.com/pub/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/.

For detailed instructions on how to install a package, please see our
FAQ.

Alternatively, you can add

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc

to your

/etc/conf.modules file.

Then run /sbin/rmmod lp, and start printtool.

The latest modutil RPM is modutil-2.3.14-2.i386.rpm. I thought "cool,
download the package and load it, problem solved." However when I try to
load the package using the rpm -Uvh modutil-2.3.14-2.i386.rpm command. I
get the following error. Only packages with major numbers <=3 are
supported by this version of RPM error: modutil-2.3.14-2.i386.rpm cannot
be installed. Bum! So I try the alternative. Hacked the conf.modules.
and ran the command. This cased so many problems that I had to
completely reload Linux to fix it.

 Rev. David P. Giffen      ICQ# 2857084        AIM Handle# Rev Coyote