On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Bret Hughes wrote:

= Statux wrote:
=
= > example for 1.44MB image file:
= >
= > dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k
= >
= > You must be root (have full permissions for the floppy disk device)
= > boot.img is the image file (or whatever it happens to be named)
= > /dev/fd0 is your floppy disk drive
= > bs=1440k says that the block size is 1.44MB. This option (for this
= > exact application of dd) doesn't usually make a difference and can be
= > ommited (from my experiences).
= >
= > Then just mount the disk:
= >
= > mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
= >
= > or however your system is set up.
= >
= > -Statux
= >
= > _______
=
= Thanks.  Interestingly enough it would not mount as ext2 which is what I
= have /mnt/floppy set to in fstab.  I also had a /mnt/fatfloppy that was
= set to msdos file system that works.  Why would this be an msdos type?
= Is there a compatability issue somewhere that makes redhat need.

Wouldn't it depend upon the original img file, the one which was dd'd to
the floppy.

??,
kf

=
= Thanks again, I thought I had tried the msdos thing but I guess not
= correctly.
=
= Bret
=