Does anyone have any pointers for compiling a kernel in RH 6.9.5?
I had no problems in 6.1.  I'm trying to get linux-2.3.99-pre5 compliled,
yet the process is acting a bit strange.  The output looks differently
from any other time I have built a kernel.  I would paste some of
that in this message, but I'm not at home.  It will always fail with
a few error messages.  The first time I did it, it just stopped.
No messages like system is so many bytes, etc.  I used make -j 6
bzImage, as I have a dual processor, 256 MB of memory, and figured
what the hell.  I did not get any errors, it just stopped.  Second
time I just used make bzImage, and I got the the errors, and no kernel.
Am I missing something.  Does anyone know something I don't?  Are
the libs in a different location or something?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark