-----Original Message-----
From: dawg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, September 15, 2000 12:17 PM
Subject: How do I change monitor types

>I've changed monitors and have been unsuccessful in finding where to make
>the change, any help would be appreciate.
>Thanks
>Dennis

  You probably should just re-run Xconfigurator, and plug in the new
monitors horizontal and vertical sync rates.  If your lucky enough, the pull
down list of monitors will probably include your monitor by name.  If so,
just select that name, and you should be good to go.  As root, just run
Xconfigurator at the text prompt.

If you want to be a bit gutsy, you _could_ manually edit the
/etc/X11/XF86config file.  But I wouldn't recommend that without some
reading and some study.  Hope this helps

Jeff Hogg