Hey, I'm having a problem with my ethernet card under redhat.  When I
start up the ethernet card's active light won't come on, but if I wait a
couple minutes, then initiate a ping on the machine, pull the ethernet
cable out of the card and reinsert it a couple of times and wave a dead
chicken over the box the ethernet card becomes active.  I don't have any
IO/IRQ conflicts that I can see, I've tried switching pci slots for the
card and have even swapped out the card with a new one.  Still no luck.
I'm running redhat 6.0 on a ASUS P2L97-DS motherboard with dual p2-233 and
a NetGear tuplip based ethernet card.  I've used the same cards in another
box with no problems so I know the driver works fine. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to what might be wrong?  The box is up all the time so more
of an annoyance then anything, but I would like to get it fixed.

-Ben Newman

                We put the "laughter" in Manslaughter.
                                    -- Randy Goldstein