Hi Tobias,
Thanks. I became aware of lack of a C compiler when I was reading an
article. I didn't have gcc loaded at all so I went looking. I have installed
the rpm egca c++ which is the nearest thing I can find in the list of RH 6.2
rpms on the CD. I looked at the Redhat site with a search for gcc and that
egca rpm was the result. Is that the right one.
As I said, I have installed that compiler rpm and tried the compile again
with the same problems. I tried a "insmod -f" which I think was a mistake
but am working through that as well now. rmmod didn't help. Getting a number
of error messages on boot now..gezzz!..this is the way we learn I guess!!!!
I will try that "which gcc" shortly. Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Starn