I have been using a dual-pointer setup, a cordless wheel mouse (Logitech)
on the PS/2 port and a USB track ball (Logitech Marble Mouse).  It sort
of worked with USB Legacy Device Mode enabled in the BIOS, but would
always get confused after a while.  Among other frustrations, turning
on Emulate3Buttons for the track ball would disable the ZAxisMapping
for the wheel mouse.

Since I was already running RH6.2 + 2.2.14 kernl and USB backport,
I decided to try using the USB interface directly.  I got gpm to
work with the setup in character mode, using:
        gpm -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -M -m /dev/input/mice -t ps2 -R imps2

However, I haven't gotten it to work with X yet (XFree86 3.3.6, SVGA
server).   As a test, I tried this in my XF86Config:

Section "Xinput"
    # For Logitech Marble Mouse on USB
    SubSection "usbMouse"
        DeviceName  "usbMouse"
        Protocol    "ps/2"
        Device      "/dev/input/mice"
        Emulate3Buttons
        Emulate3Timeout 50
        AlwaysCore
    EndSubSection

    # PS/2 wheel Mouse
    SubSection "ps2Mouse"
        DeviceName  "ps2Mouse"
        Protocol    "imps/2"
        Device      "/dev/psaux
        ZAxisMapping 4 5
        AlwaysCore
    EndSubSection
EndSection

The track ball works as expected, but the PS/2 mouse is completely
ignored.  Could it be that XF86 3.3.6 just doesn't handle the two mice
simultaneously?

Thanks,
Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                except when indicated otherwise.