This is also emu10k1 related. I downloaded the latest snapshot from
creative's website and attempted to compile. Didn't get more than a
couple of seconds into it when up popped an error message:

make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modules/ip_gre.ver', needed by `audio.o'.
 Stop.

Pretty self-explanatory. I checked my 2.2.17 source tree and sure
enough, there is ip_gre.c but no ip_gre.ver. Thing is that I just
recently compiled the emu10k1 driver against a 2.2.16 kernel source.
Anybody have a clue what is going on here?

jack

Jack Bowling
Prince George, BC
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]