Hi,

I recently setup a caching-only nameserver on my machine, and
therefore wanted to change my /etc/resolv.conf nameservers from the
numbers my ISP gave me to 127.0.0.1.

No matter how many times a change that file, it always ends up back
like it was originally.  The changes just won't stick.  I noticed a
copy of it in /etc/ppp, and thought that might be getting copied back
over to /etc, so I removed the one in /etc/ppp--still didn't work.
I've gone into linuxconf to change it (that's where I set it
originally) and that didn't work.  The other day, I changed the file
and immediately rebooted, but still it's back like it was originally.
There's nothing more frustrating than a file which won't stay like
you put it!

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Ben Logan