Might want to try posting this on the VNC List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You'll probably have better luck.

Jamin W. Collins
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 4:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Rescuing a VNC session

Howdy,

Sometimes I'll leave my VNC viewer open on Windows, connected to the Linux
VNC server, and when I come back it will have closed for some reason. But if
I telnet to the linux box, all the apps that I left open are still open, and
running, and even the VNC server is still running. But if I try to reconnect
the client, even with the "request shared session" option, it will
authenticate and start to open up the viewer window, then suddenly close.
And there's nothing I can see to do about it. Has anyone else had this
trouble, and is there any other way to reconnect to that xsession in order
to, for instance, save my work?

        JW