I just installed a new PCI IDE board in my machine.  It's a PCI ATA/IDE
66.  The machine is completely SCSI, so this is the first IDE drive to
be installed in the box.

At bootup, the BIOS recognizes it as a PCI board and spits out the
correct messages identifying the harddrive that is attached to it.
Linux is having problems correctly identifying the board, though.  The
first time through, kudzu identified it as a RAID device.  I modified
/etc/sysconfig/hwconfig and removed the entry.  On the next boot, kudzu
again identified it as a RAID device, so I told it to ignore it and not
add it to the hardware configuration.

My /proc/pci contains the following entry, which I believe pertains to
the card as I've never seen it before:

Bus 0, device 10, function 0:
RAID storage controller: CMD Unknown device (rev 1).
Vendor id=1095. Device id=648
Medium devsel. Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 9. Master Capable.
Latency=64. Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=4.
I/O at 0x7c20 [0x7c21].
I/O at 0x7c14 [0x7c15].
I/O at 0x7c18 [0x7c19].
I/O at 0x7c10 [0x7c11].

My /proc/interrupts also has a weird entry.  Here's the last few lines:

14:       4218     4130    IO-APIC-level aic7xxx
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

I've never noticed the ERR: line before (although it could be normal,
just that I've never noticed it before).

I've compiled the kernel with PCI disk support as a module, and the
insmod command works fine.  However, when I attempt to access /dev/hda1,
I get the following:

mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/hda1 as a block device
(maybe 'insmod driver'?)

Naturally, /dev/hda1 isn't being recognized because the system isn't
seeing my IDE card correctly.  Does anyone have any advice on how I
should proceed from here?  If I need to provide further info, just say
the word.

Thanks!
--
Steve