Hi all,
Someone else asked this question but I never saw an
answer on the list.
If I set up a firewall on my Linux computer do I really
still need to disable print and file sharing on the windows
boxes when I connect to the internet. I use a dial up
connection. My linux box provides print service to the
windows boxes as well as acess to a zip drive. I am
not very good about turning off the services when
I pick up mail. I thought if I started using my linux
box for internet connections and connection sharing
with ip chains set up for a firewall I wouldn't have
to worry about it anymore. I ordered Securing Linux
step by step so hopefully I will do it right.
                   Thanks
                    Linda Hanigan