I had a similar problem when my system's bios was allowing the machine to
sleep...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 1:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Network stopping

After not using the network for an hour or so I can't get connected again.
In the morning I will be telneting into the computer and later in the day
after not using it I can't get in. I will try and ping the address with no
luck. I was thinking maybe the computer is going into a sleep mode but I can
still telnet into the other NIC on the same computer. I just don't
understand. The card is a 3com 900TPO. I've tried 3com diagnostics and
everything looks fine. Any ideas?
SK