On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Brian Schneider wrote:

> ZI keep getting this message repeated every 10 minutes in
> /var/log/messages
> inetd[4820]: auth/tcp: bind: Address already in use
>
> What is this from?
>
> TIA

Off hand, I would say you are trying to run identd from inetd and from the
stand alone daemon.  Check your /etc/inetd.conf file to see if you have an
entry to run in.identd.  then check if you have a /etc/rc.d/init.d/ident
file or run "ps ax | grep ident".  If you have ident running, then the
entry in /etc/inetd.conf needs to be commented out.

Mikkel