I have three 512MB PC133 dimms in an AMD T-bird 950MHz / Abit KT7
system running RH7.0.  All 1.5GB are recognized by my BIOS, but only
1.0GB is recognized by linux.  I compiled kernel 2.4.0-test9 with
HIGHMEM4G=y:

> # CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
> # CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
> CONFIG_MTRR=y

I tried appending various memory sizes during boot, but if I use
anything greater than "mem=1000M" the kernel hangs during boot after
the line:

I compiled the kernel with kgcc.  The appropriate lines from /usr/src/linux/Makefile:

> HOSTCC        = kgcc
(snip...)
> CC            = $(CROSS_COMPILE)kgcc

I have tried several tweaks to eliminate the possibility that this is
a hardware problem, such as lowering my FSB speed, CPU speed, removing
interleaving, and increasing DRAM delay.  I see no change whatsoever.

Can anyone suggest a way I can get linux 2.4 to use all of my RAM?

Thanks,
Dave