"Michael R. Jinks" wrote:

> My favorite has always been BusLogic, bought out by Mylex, but I was in the
> market for a SCSI card for home recently and although several places listed
> low-end Mylex cards in their catalogs, nobody was in stock.
>
> Anybody know the story on this?  Is Mylex in trouble, or just phasing out their
> low end production?  Bummer in any case, the BusLogic driver is really elegant,
> always worked really well for me and they were making their specs available to
> driver hackers long before Adaptec.
>
> Oh well.  I bought an Adaptec.  It's okay.
>
> -m

Can't say, but it makes sense.  Not much $$ in the low end.  AFAIK, their
high end is doing fine.  I currently use a Mylex Acceleraid 250 and will
be upgrading to a 352 first of the year.  The 250 works VERY well (set up
as RAID5 with 3x10K) and the block driver seems to be very efficient.
I've still got several Buslogic 958s that have been running for years.
I've seen 958s for sale from time to time although I don't think they're
being made any more.

Best

Cokey