Did you remove the source tree (saving your .config file first) and put it
back in from the original source? Worth a shot if you haven't tried
it. Mind you, I haven't done anything RH7.0 related since as far as I'm
concerned.. it's a borked distro.

I'm not liking how RH is starting to smell like MS Windows with stuff like
kudzu, and how the distro seems to make a big difference in whether
something compiles or spits in your face.

********

While I'm on the subject: I don't feel that Linux distro companies should
lower standards too much... and RH (again, with kudzu etc) is starting to
get to that point. Hey.. I want people to trash DOS/Windows and come to
Linux (or whatever) as much as the next person.. but the more we lie to
ourselves and kill the security of Linux just so people can play games and
crap like Windows users do.. the worse things are going to get. The answer
is: make people learn it... don't turn into a "put the CD into the CD
drive and RedHat will do the rest" (ala autorun.exe). Despite all peoples'
efforts to make things fool-proof in the UNIX environment, it's still
UNIX. Something screws up.. you better know what you're doing.

my two cents... not that this had anything to do with the message I'm
replying to :)

********

-Statux