Are you sure that the system's memory is good?  I would suggest the
memtest86 program.  A simple search of freshmeat should reveal it for you.

Jamin W. Collins
-----Original Message-----
From: Kiran Kumar M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 7:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: My Redhat linux is forced to reboot for every 7 or 10 days.

Hi,

I am using redhat 6.1, Kernel 2.2.5-15smp, for the services like DNS,
Mail, and Web, etc. I am forced to restart the system for every 7 to 10
days because of lack of memory or system is not able to handle any
process. It is giving different reasons for not handling the tasks. Most
frequently, it is giving "unable to allocate memory" and sometimes it is
giving "Parity Error" It is not able to read the Harddisk, etc.

Lack of memory, It is not allowing one to shutdown the and restart through
OS, So I need to switch off and on, whenever it happens.

It is very obvious that, the process which were utilized memory is not
realsed completly, or partially, so it is going to peak. I am using 1 GB
RAM.

So I would like to eliminate rebooting the system, What are the tools
available to clear the memory that in garbage. Or any suggestions in this
regard....

Thanks
Kiran