On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Kabir, Rezwanul wrote:

> Hi
>
>   Can anyone pls suggest me where to find the source codes for 'md5sum'
> and/or 'cksum' ?
>   I've looked into the SRPMS directory of RedHat ditribution CD without any
> luck..
>
>   Thanks in advance..
>     --rezwanul

ftp://ftp.cerias.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/crypto/md5/

has source for a md5 check sum program.  Short and sweet if you are trying
to grab the algorithm or code for another application.

If you want the source to the md5sum program running on RedHat then you
want the source rpm for textutils, my redhat 7 box has textutils-2.0e-8
installed, you can get the source rpm here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.0/SRPMS/SRPMS/textutils-2.0e-8.src.rpm

-- John

--
John T. Douglass                        Phone: 208 533 7992
Argonne National Laboratory-West        Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]