Hi all

I have RH6.2  box with 3 nics that provides net access and a samba file
server to two seperate subnets. When I added the thrid nic and second
masqed domain, I basically duplicated all the ipchains rules for the
existing interface in my firewall script for the new subnet.

Everything appears to be working fine for both subnets as far as routing
goes. They also cannot route to each other (which is the whole point of
splitting the existing clients into two subnets).

The samba server (listens on both the 192.168.2.x and 192.168.3.x
interfaces) and announces itself to both subnets just fine. I can see the
server from both subnets just fine, and can access the shares that have
the appropriate 'host allow' statements.

My problem - the other domain appears on both subnets, as well as the
machines in them. Fortuantely when you try access them you cannot. The
other shares (with 'host deny') also show up on the server - again you
cannot access them.

So, how can I get each subnet to only see one netbios domain?

How can I get samba to hide the the shares that have 'host deny' for that
subnet?

I made a weak attempt at modifying /etc/rc.d/init.d/samba to run two
instances of smb and nmb with seperate config files, but only the first
one started - I think I would have run into a lockfile issue anyway as I
didn't see a way to specify a different lock file. If this is the
solution, please show me how to do this.

tia
charles