I still say go to kernel.org and get Hedricks patch and patch and rebuild
your kernel (being sure to select your IDE controller under block
devices) I have not tried the method described below, but I do know
Hedricks patches for the kernel will give you the full ATA66 and see MOST
ATA66 chipsets. I have used it on the SIIG ATA66 and the Promise ATA
66/100 with out any problems.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/hedrick

Get the one for your kernel, PS they dont patch very well to the RH stock
kernel sources, you may want to download a fresh kernel from there while
your there.

Kirk

>On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Robert James Steele wrote:

> I followed the Instructions and typed in
> ide2=0xefa8,0xefe0 ide3=0xeff0,0xfe4
>
> and it found hde and hdf
> but when I go do a fdisk /dev/hde
> i get "Unable to open /dev/hde"
>
> any ideas?
> Robert Steele
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, you wrote:
>
> > Better than the Mini How To go to this site:
> > http://www.linux.ucla.edu/pipermail/linux/2000-May/003326.html
> > it worked for me on 6.0,6.2 & 7
> > Michael
> >
> > Robert James Steele wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > I have a SIIG UltraATA 66 PCI IDE Controller Model CN2468
> > > (http://www.siig.com/ide/ultraata_66_pci.html) Info
> > > (http://www.siig.com/ide/ultraata_66_pci_specs.html) Specifications
> > > and am wondering if there are linux Drivers
> > > for this hardware.
> > >
> > > if i do a cat/proc/pic and get
> > >   Bus  0, device  16, function  1:
> > >     Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. Unknown device
>(rev 1).
> > >       Vendor id=1103. Device id=4.
> > >       Medium devsel.  IRQ 16.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=8.
> > >       I/O at 0xeff0 [0xeff1].
> > >       I/O at 0xefe4 [0xefe5].
> > >       I/O at 0xec00 [0xec01].
> > >   Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
> > >     Unknown mass storage controller: Triones Technologies, Inc. Unknown device
>(rev 1).
> > >       Vendor id=1103. Device id=4.
> > >       Medium devsel.  IRQ 16.  Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=8.
> > >       I/O at 0xefa8 [0xefa9].
> > >       I/O at 0xefe0 [0xefe1].
> > >       I/O at 0xe800 [0xe801].
> > >
> > > So it dose see it but dose not seem to have a driver for it.
> > > dose anyone know of a patch to the kernal for this card.
> > >
> > > Any info anyone can give me would be apreciated.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Robert Steele
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Kirk Whiting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Admin. prince-of-darkness.cc , thrust66.com
            ---"Unix IS the Future"---
   ''Win: Please Reboot You Moved Your Mouse''