First, set up an additional A record, pointing list.my-org.org at the
same IP address as www.my-org.org...or set up a CNAME record, pointing
list at www.

If you're worried about www.my-org.org showing up in headers instead of
list.my-org.org, you could also set up the PTR record in your
in-addr.arpa file to point the IP for www and list just to list...that
way, if someone goes and looks at the headers, they'll see
list.my-org.org next to the IP of your system, and not www.my-org.org.
Probably seems a bit cosmetic, but it should work out.

Then, add list.my-org.org to your sendmail.cw file, so that Sendmail
knows to accept mail addressed to users at list.my-org.org.

Lastly, configure your listserv to display the list address as
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  The listserv is going to rewrite some of the
header as it goes along, anyhow.  You might as well take advantage of
that functionality.