-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 01. November 2000 03:45
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Newbie Question, Apache/FTP/HTTP upload question

Hi all, I was wondering.

I have a Red hat 6.2 server running Apache with several web sites being
hosted from one IP address (DSL) via virtual hosts.

All the sites run perfectly and all, but my main question is how to allow my
users to upload there http files via ftp client.

As of now, the only places I can upload files to the server are the
ftp/uploads dir and the direct user account home dir's.

I have all the http files stored in the /home/httpd/html/{virtual host web
site folder}

I guess I am asking more than one question, for one, is the path above the
correct place for the http files? and is it possible to set permissions on
folders in the path above, I know that the html folder has administrator
rights, but can I set user rights on subdirs of the /home/httpd/html/ dir?

The main thing is getting around having the users upload their files to the
/ftp/uploads dir or there home dirs and asking me to move the files from
there into the appropriate dir's aside from giving them access to telnet in
and move them themselves.  I have been baffled with this for sometime and
cannot find any info on it and I have setup several NT servers before this
which allow permissions to be set on specific ftp folders.

What gives, any help would be totally appreciated.

Thank you

Dave