I had thought the HOWTO was rather clear on how to do just this.  Is there a
particular part that is unclear?  If so, I would be more than happy to help.

Jamin W. Collisn

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Understanding DNS to set it up

I have been spending a couple of days trying to understand how to setup
DNS.  I am beginning to understand how to do it, but don't have enough
information (understanding) to actually set-up a DNS server.

The server needs to reply for internal addreses and forward to unknown
requests to the DNS servers our ISP has.

I am not looking for help in setting up the server (although that would be
nice).  I am looking for help in finding information on the web which will
help someone starting from the beginning and does not have much time to
set-up a DNS server.  I have read howto and man at this point.

david