I've been playing with the software raid tools; testing speed and
durability.  It all works very well.  The one thing I haven't been
able to do is recover a drive.  I set up a 3 drive raid 5 system
and pulled the plug on one drive while the system was running.
No problem; the system kept on running as it should.  The problem
is that I can not get the raid set up to accept a new drive to
replace the 'failed' one.  I repartioned the 'failed' drive  and
tried to add it back to the raid system as a 'new' drive, no go.
Can anyone give me some clues?

Tnx

Cokey