-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Heinz Wittenbecher
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Having problem getting rcp to work / switching to scp but
need help to suppress pwd prompt

Thanks Charles (and others)
That's what I ended up spending my Sunday night on :-)

Got scp working but have not been able to suppress the requirement for a
password at each scp.

As I'm planning to run scp periodically unattended, I need to do it without
user input. I've tried some different settings in sshd_conf on the
'receiving' RH7 server, but havn't hit on the right one yet.

If anyone has a scripted scp session and is willing to share, I'd sure
appreciated it.
Or simply a sample configuration.

TIA - Heinz

> Consider trying usign scp. With rhost authentication you will get the same
> effect, yet securely. I realize you are behind a firewall, but that can
> still be risky. The ssh docs do a pretty good job of describign how to do
> this iirc.
>
> hth
> charles
>
> On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Heinz Wittenbecher wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use rcp between a couple of Rhat/Caldera and SCO machines
and
> > am having difficulty to find the places to "allow" the use of rcp. I
just
> > can't seem to get rid of "permission denied".
> >
> > The machines are behind a firewall. I'm trying to develop an auto tar
backup
> > on several machines, rcp them to a RH7 that has a tapedrive. I don't
want to
> > just use a network backup as I want to copy the info to the RH7 first.
I'll