At 02:34 PM 11/7/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>WOndering if you guys might know of some rpm out there that will log all
>iptraffic going out of our Internal network thru a IP MASQ machine.
>
>I need to provide a report to show activity and to what services?

Install SNMP services http://download.sourceforge.net/net-snmp/ and use an
SNMP management package like
MRTG  http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html.  That will
allow you to measure bandwidth utilization, but it won't be based on
specific services.  I think the next version of SNMP is going to support
that.  I think the only way you'll be able to do that is having your
firewall log everything or by setting up proxy servers on the IP MASQ
machine and relying on the proxy server logs to see what's going through
the machine.

Here is a related link you'll find helpful:  http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/

I have detailed notes from when I set this up for myself.  Lemme know if
you need help on that part.

-Ed