From: Charles Galpin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Matrox G400, RH 7.0, dual heads: How do I use keyboard and
mouse for the second screen..

Hi Surendar

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Surendar Chandra wrote:

> I've finally gotten the second head to work with RH 7.0 and Beta 3
> drivers from Matrox. I can drive two monitors at 1024x768 and 16 bits
> color (can I go higher here?).

I don't believe so (on the second head anyway, but I'm assuming you want
the same resolution on both)

> I can run two different window managers
> in the different screens (sawfish and kwm). But the mouse and keyboard
> only seems to work for the first screen. How do I use the mouse and
> keyboard for the second screen. I would like to move from one screen to
> the other. I would also like to run just one window manager for both
> screens.
>
> Thanks much for your help
> -S

This is called Xinerama. All you have to do is have two Monitor, Screen,
and Device sections. The key with the G400 is that you just use the same
BusID for both Device sections (the docs say you need seperate IDs for
each card).

There is a mini HOWTO on Xinerama that explains it quite well. Also if you
search the archives on moongroup.com you will find a recent thread on
this.

I personally had a lot of instability and canned it (for now).

charles